This Mediterranean inspired frittata is one of those quick meals that can be rustled up for a satisfying brunch, although it works perfectly as any meal of the day. It has become one of my go- to recipes when I want something that’s quick and easy to make over the weekend. Given that it is packed full of protein, it means that it keeps you fuller for longer. Plus it tastes amazing! Which is perfect when you don’t want to spend too much time in the kitchen and want to get out and about to enjoy all the weekend has to offer. Serves two.
Preparation: 5 minutes
Cooking: 15 minutes
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 250g cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 60g green olives, pitted
- 4 eggs
- Pepper, to taste
- Turn on the grill element in your oven. Place the rack as close to the grill as possible, allowing enough room for your oven proof frying frying pan.*
- Place a non-stick, oven proof frying pan over a medium- high heat. Add a teaspoon of olive oil and the sliced cherry tomatoes. Fry for approximately 5 minutes, or until softened.
- Whilst the tomatoes are cooking, add the feta and olives into a bowl. Crack the eggs into the bowl also, taking care not to get any shell into the bowl. Using a fork, mix the eggs, feta and olives together. Once the tomatoes have cooked, add them to the bowl also, and stir thoroughly to combine.
- Allow the non-stick frying pan to cool, then wipe clean. Place the pan over a medium- high heat. Add the remaining teaspoon of olive oil and then pour the egg mixture into the pan. Lower the heat to low- medium and cook for approximately 5 minutes. Place the frying pan under the grill element of your oven. Grill for 5 minutes, or until cooked through (check with a skewer, if unsure- if it comes out clean, it’s done,)
* Tips: Check that your frying pan is suitable for the oven- generally a metal handle, and no plastic parts will mean that frying pan is suitable to be placed in the oven.