This recipe is one of those happy accidents. You know, where you are making something and you have a mini disaster and end up turning the dish into something else entirely and save the day. The plan was to make Crab Rangoon wontons, a popular North American “Chinese” starter, for a party, but unfortunately the wonton wrappers in the freezer had suffered a serious case of freezer burn. The only staple in the cupboard that could save the day was humble macaroni. Crab Rangoon meets pasta salad. I actually think this works best cold or just warm, rather than as a proper pasta dish, but you can decide that for yourself. Unbelievably quick and easy. Serves 4
Preparation: 15 mins
Cooking: 11-13 mins
- 180g Philadelphia cream cheese
- 240g crab meat (check for any shell and remove)
- 1 tsp garlic or onion salt
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3 Spring onions, sliced thinly
- 350g macaroni
- Combine cream cheese, crab meat, garlic or onion salt, Worcestershire sauce and spring onions.
- Boil macaroni as per directions on packet until al dente.
- Allow macaroni to cool slightly then combine with crab mixture. Serve and enjoy!