Sometimes you just want to mix things up a little. Sure you could make burgers like you always do, or you could snazz it up a little, like with these Hoisin beef burgers. Just by adding a few different ingredients, you’ll be rewarded with these tasty burgers that are super juicy. Serves 4.
- 500g minced beef
- 1cm piece ginger, peeled and grated
- 1 medium chilli, chopped finely
- 4 tablespoons Hoisin sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 shallot, diced finely
- 50g peanuts, crushed (optional)
- Rapeseed oil
- Place the minced beef, freshly grated ginger, chilli, hoisin sauce, garlic, shallot and crushed peanuts (if using) into a bowl. Season with a pinch of salt and white pepper. Mix well until all combined.
- Shape the mixture into four flat burgers. Refrigerate for 20 minutes to firm up.
- Heat rapeseed oil in a frying pan. Fry the burgers over a moderate heat until golden, about 6-8 minutes each side, or until no longer pink inside.
- Serve burgers in brioche buns with your choice of salad, herbs and sauce. I recommend aioli, beansprouts, purple basil. Enjoy!